It's been a part of Star Trek since the very beginning and on this week's TrekRanks, we observe the "Top 5 Stargazing Moments" throughout Trek's history. From literally studying the cosmos to charting a course or making a deep personal connection, stargazing can come in many different formats, as our pane of host Jim Moorhouse and STEM professionals Jenn Tifft and Swapna Krishna discover. Get your telescope ready, because this episode comes in equal parts emotion and joy.
- Prime Directive: We skip our Diagnostic Cycle, this week and jump straight into each guest's process in determining their final choices.
- The Order of Things: All the picks are revealed with the TrekRanks' original "Five words and a hashtag" summary, along with one episode that helps frame their choice.
- Secondary Systems: For a few extra picks that just missed our final list.
- Regeneration Cycle: The panel recaps their picks and we dissect some of the interesting statistical anomalies that arose from the discussion.
- Temporal Inversion: We flashback to a previous episode of TrekRanks and relay some of the feedback received from listeners.
If you have your own picks you would like to relay to us, please hail us at 609-512-LLAP (5527) and record your own personal TrekRanks log to let us know your Top 5 Stargazing Moments. (Or you can record it yourself and just DM us @TrekRanks on Twitter.) Your comments could be used as part of a Temporal Inversion on an upcoming episode (and might get you a chance to be a guest on a future episode, too).
And don't forget to check out TrekRanks.com for our entire back catalog of episodes and a detailed rundown on every episode of Star Trek ever.