Parents. Children. Siblings. Cousins. Many of your favorite Star Trek characters have met up with relatives of all sorts throughout the series, but who would make your list of "Top 5 One-Off Relatives" that appeared in an episode just one time. Our panel of host Jim Moorhouse and guests Debbie Moltisanti and Lee Hutchison cover all the bases as we chart the family tree of the best one-off relative appearances from TOS to Strange New Worlds.
- Diagnostic Cycle: Where we briefly get into the details of defining the show's specific topic.
- Prime Directive: Each guest on this week's panel reveals exactly how they narrowed down list and made their final choices, and we go through a rundown of our previous One-Off topics.
- The Order of Things: All the picks are revealed with the TrekRanks' original "Five words and a hashtag" summary, along with the one episode to highlight their choice.
- Secondary Systems: For a few extra picks that just missed our final list
- Regeneration Cycle: The panel recaps their picks and we dissect some of the interesting statistical anomalies that arose from the discussion.
- Temporal Inversion: We flashback to a previous episode of TrekRanks and relay some of the feedback received from listeners. This week it is a list from Episode 149, the Top 5 Scenes at a Table.
If you have your own picks you would like to relay to us, please hail us at 609-512-LLAP (5527) and record your own personal TrekRanks log to let us know your Top 5 One-Off Relatives. (Or you can record it yourself and just DM us @TrekRanks on Twitter.) Your comments could be used as part of a Temporal Inversion on an upcoming episode (and might get you a chance to be a guest on a future episode, too).
And don't forget to check out TrekRanks.com for our entire back catalog of episodes and a detailed rundown on every episode of Star Trek ever.