TrekRanks enters the Q Continuum for the first time with the *snap/woosh* Top 5 Q Moments! In 13 appearances across four series, Q always proved himself to be not only one of the edgiest foes in Star Trek history, but also one of the most comical. No easy feat for anyone to pull off, but something that John de Lancie and the other Q always handled with perfection! Just in time for the debut of season 2 of Star Trek: Picard, our host Jim Moorhouse and guests Alex Perry and Zane Brumley dive deep into the wonderfully omnipotent world of the Q! *snap/woosh*
- Level One Diagnostic Cycle: We get into the roll call of our previous character episodes on TrekRanks, and our guests each choose one word that helps them to define the Q.
- Prime Directive: The panel breaks down exactly how they define their lists.
- The Order of Things: Everyone reveals their picks with the usual "Five words and a hashtag" summary, along with one episode that helps frame their choice.
- Secondary Systems: We all rattle off a few additional selections for the picks that just missed our lists! And we include a short Q bonus round for everyone to lay claim to their favorite Q episodes!
- Regeneration Cycle: Everyone recaps their picks and discuss some of the interesting statistical anomalies that arose from the discussion.
- Temporal Distortion: We flashback to Episode 128 of TrekRanks and play a great voicemail from our Abstract Silence topic.
If you have your own picks you would like to relay to us, please hail us at 609-512-LLAP (5527) and record your own personal TrekRanks log to let us know your Top 5 Q Moments. (Or you can record it yourself and just DM us @TrekRanks on Twitter.) Your comments could be used in a Temporal Distortion on an upcoming episode (and might get you a chance to be a guest on a future episode, too).And don't forget to check out TrekRanks.com for our entire back catalog of episodes and a detailed rundown on every episode of Star Trek ever.