The beginning. A start. An introduction. On this week's TrekRanks it's the "Top 5 First Times" in Trek. A wide-open topic that our panel explores in many first-time directions. And, of course, for a topic like this, host Jim Moorhouse is joined by two first time guests: Kimberly Lawler and Matt Price. This original topic is a catalyst for another great TrekRanks deep dive!
- Prime Directive: We jump straight into the Prime Directive to see how our panel worked to break down their final selections.
- The Order of Things: Everyone reveals their picks with the usual "Five words and a hashtag" summary, along with one episode that helps frame their choice.
- Secondary Systems: Our guests each rattle off a few additional selections for the first-time picks that just missed our lists!
- Regeneration Cycle: Everyone recaps their picks and discuss some of the interesting statistical anomalies that arose from the discussion.
- Temporal Distortion: We flashback to a variety of lists from previous episodes and and relay some of the great feedback we continue to receive from listeners of TrekRanks.
If you have your own picks you would like to relay to us, please hail us at 609-512-LLAP (5527) and record your own personal TrekRanks log to let us know your Top 5 First Times. (Or you can record it yourself and just DM us @TrekRanks on Twitter.) Your comments could be used in a Temporal Distortion on an upcoming episode (and might get you a chance to be a guest on a future episode, too).
And don't forget to check out TrekRanks.com for our entire back catalog of episodes and a detailed rundown on every episode of Star Trek ever.