Our "Scenes in Trek" series returns with another unique topic: the Top 5 Scenes on a Cliff! (Which is totally and completely different from Episode 70 when we did Top 5 Scenes in a Cave. They are nothing alike. And besides, that was like 50 episodes ago!) Anyway, there are lots of scenes in Star Trek, ranging from dangerous to majestic, that take place on cliffs and precipices, and our panel of host Jim Moorhouse and guests Jenn Tifft and Matt Finbow break them all down. Watch your footing on this great episode of TrekRanks.
• Level One Diagnostic Cycle: We go through our roll call of past "Scenes in Trek" topics before discussing any nuance to how someone might define a cliff.
• Prime Directive: The panel gets into the details of how they each defined the many potential options for "Scenes on a Cliff."
• The Order of Things: Everyone reveals their scene with the usual "Five words and a hashtag" summary, along with the thinking behind why they chose it.
o Secondary Systems: Our guests each rattle off a few additional selections for the picks that just missed our lists!
• Regeneration Cycle: Everyone recaps their picks and discuss some of the interesting statistical anomalies that arose from the discussion.
• Temporal Distortion: We flashback to Episode 106 of the TrekRanks Podcast and relay some of the wonderful feedback we received from our show on "Top 5 Rescues."
If you have your own picks you would like to relay to us, please hail us at 609-512-LLAP (5527) and record your own personal TrekRanks log to let us know your Top 5 Scenes on a Cliff. (Or you can record it yourself and just DM us @TrekRanks on Twitter.) Your comments could be used in a Temporal Distortion on an upcoming episode (and might get you a chance to be a guest on a future episode, too).
And don't forget to check out TrekRanks.com for our entire back catalog of episodes and a detailed rundown on every episode of Star Trek ever.