Computers in need of repair, malfunctioning computers, alien infested computers - computers are often at the heart of the drama in Star Trek and on this week's TrekRanks we deep dive into the "Top 5 Computer Crises" as part of Episode 110. (Not quite "11001001," but close enough!) Trek diehards Alex Perry and Dana Kenedy join host Jim Moorhouse to power up the duotronic processors to figure out how to breakdown such a massive Trek topic. Computer, run program for our loyal listeners!
• Level One Diagnostic Cycle: In a unique twist, this week's diagnostic cycle helps define the starting point on everyone's final picks, as our crew discusses the episode "11001001," which was not eligible for selection this week. (As it was little too "on the nose.")
• Prime Directive: The crew comes up with three distinctly different ways to narrow down their ultimate computer crises list!
• The Order of Things: Everyone reveals their picks with the usual "Five words and a hashtag" summary.
o Secondary Systems: Our guests each rattle off a few additional selections for the picks that just missed our lists!
• Regeneration Cycle: Everyone recaps their picks and discuss some of the interesting statistical anomalies that arose from the discussion.
• Temporal Distortion: We flashback to Episode 103 of TrekRanks and relay some of the great feedback we received on our popular "Top 5 Badmirals" episode.
If you have your own picks you would like to relay to us, please hail us at 609-512-LLAP (5527) and record your own personal TrekRanks log to let us know your Top 5 Computer Crises. (Or you can record it yourself and just DM us @TrekRanks on Twitter.) Your comments could be used in a Temporal Distortion on an upcoming episode (and might get you a chance to be a guest on a future episode, too).
And don't forget to check out TrekRanks.com for our entire back catalog of episodes and a detailed rundown on every episode of Star Trek ever.