We wrap our arms around... well, uh, we get our hands on... nope, that doesn't work either. Well, we set our sights on identifying the Top 5 Non-Corporeal Aliens on this week's new TrekRanks Podcast! Nailed it. They are known by many monikers through 50-plus years of Star Trek in (incorporeal, non-physical, formless, even trans-dimensional), but one thing is for sure: non-corporeal aliens have been a staple of Star Trek forever. Our panel of host Jim Moorhouse and guests Claire Little and Paul Edinger consume it all in this fun, classic topic.
• Level One Diagnostic Cycle: A quick breakdown of the different ways in which non-corporeal aliens have been portrayed on Star Trek.
• Prime Directive: Our panel gets quite detailed in their Prime Directives, coming at their picks from many different directions.
• The Order of Things: Everyone reveals their picks with the usual "Five words and a hashtag" summary, along with one episode showcases their alien selection.
• Secondary Systems: Everyone rattles off a few additional selections for the picks that just missed our li
• Regeneration Cycle: Everyone recaps their non-corporeal picks and discuss some of the interesting statistical anomalies that arose from the discussion.
• Temporal Distortion: We flashback to Episode 140 of TrekRanks and relay some of the great feedback we received from our TNG Underrated episode.
If you have your own picks you would like to relay to us, please hail us at 609-512-LLAP (5527) and record your own personal TrekRanks log to let us know your Top 5 Non-Corporeal Aliens. (Or you can record it yourself and just DM us @TrekRanks on Twitter.) Your comments could be used in a Temporal Distortion on an upcoming episode (and might get you a chance to be a guest on a future episode, too).
And don't forget to check out TrekRanks.com for our entire back catalog of episodes and a detailed rundown on every episode of Star Trek ever.