Our "guilty pleasure" series concludes this week with our Top 5 DS9 Guilty Pleasure Episodes – and it goes out with a bang. Per usual, we dive into quite a few episodes that might be less beloved by the masses, but who really cares? If you love it, that's good enough for us! Host Jim Moorhouse is joined by Jamie Rogers, Mike Bovia and Ellie to highlight more than a few unheralded Deep Space Nine selections that for some reason or another, connect with each of them. It's a classic deep cut special on this week's TrekRanks!
- Level One Diagnostic Cycle: We quickly get into a TrekRanks' breakdown of what a "guilty pleasure" is and we rattle off the roll call of the four previous legacy series we've covered on the topic.
- Prime Directive: The crew breaks down exactly how they defined their lists.
- The Order of Things: Everyone reveals their picks with the usual "Five words and a hashtag" summary, and we follow those up with some Secondary Systems picks for the lists that just missed our lists!
- • Regeneration Cycle: Everyone recaps their picks and discuss some of the interesting statistical anomalies that arose from the discussion. (And this week's show has a doozy!)
- Temporal Distortion: We flashback to Episode 126 and our popular "Characters that Fooled Ya!" topic with a great new list.
If you have your own picks you would like to relay to us, please hail us at 609-512-LLAP (5527) and record your own personal TrekRanks log to let us know your Top 5 DS9 Guilty Pleasure Episodes. (Or you can record it yourself and just DM us @TrekRanks on Twitter.) Your comments could be used in a Temporal Distortion on an upcoming episode (and might get you a chance to be a guest on a future episode, too).
And don't forget to check out TrekRanks.com for our entire back catalog of episodes and a detailed rundown on every episode of Star Trek ever.