Jeff and Heather are joined by friend of the show Jesse Oquendo to chat about STLV news, the recent ticket price hike, and Star Trek : The Cruise! Jesse tells us all about his time on the ship, the celebs, events, ports of call, Trek themed food & drinks, and lots more!
Before we get into the Cruise, Heather and Jeff stop to reflect on the one-year anniversary of Shore Leave, the 17 episodes we released during that time, the new friends and family we've made, how much they deeply appreciate the love and support from their listeners, and the bright future of the show.
Star Trek Las Vegas Convention Topics Covered On This Episode :
Star Trek : The Cruise 2017 with Jesse Oquendo
- The announcement of Patrick Stewart being added to the guest list for STLV51
- Raising of the General Admission Weekend package from $245 to $330
- Availability of Rio special convention rate
- How "Star Trek" did the ship feel? What were the decorations like?
- Trek themed food and drinks as well as the availability of normal cruise fair like buffets
- How much cosplay was there on board the ship? More, less or the same as a Trek convention?
- On-board events with Trek celebs?
- Pool party with Marina Sirtis
- Pajama party with Chase Masterson
- Yoga on the deck with Terry Farrell
- RISA party
- All about the ports of call included during the cruise
- The cross-over between STLV-goers and cruise attendees - were many of the Vegas regulars present on the cruise?
- Jesse's favorite memories from the cruise
- The improvements Jesse feels could be made for next year's cruise